2.23.2006

Make A Three Come Out of Two

To my dear friends Rod and Britt who are reaching the home stretch of a nine month time period known as pregnancy. Here's to them, sweet parents to be...


"Baby Song" by Colin Meloy (as transcribed by me, Dinner)




















My darling what wonder have we wrought here?
Its weird and its wonderful Dear.
An ankle, an earlobe, an elbow bone;
Its weird how it wonderful grows.

And it was only me and you
That made this three come out of two.

My darling what wonder have we wrought here?
Its weird and its wonderful Dear.
Dooooooo hoo, dooooooo hoo.

I'm tumblin' in Dublin and the next thing you know,
A weird and a wonderful show.
All tendons and ribcage and beating hearts;
A weird and a wonderful start.

And it was only me and you
That made this three come out of two.

My darling what wonder have we wrought here?
Its weird and its wonderful Dear.
Its weird.
But mostly wonderful . . . Dear.

3 Comments:

Blogger quank said...

let's not forget it could be a girl. even though i still feel in my bones that it's a boy. brod, i can't wait to become auntie quankie! lots of stroller pushing time ahead!

Thu Feb 23, 10:46:00 PM CST  
Blogger Dinner said...

If its a boy, don't forget to throw a Dinner, Deeps, D-Pat in there somewhere.

And if it's a girl; Maggie Gyllenhaal Sienna Bosworth Aniston Kate from Lost Klum Holzmacher

Fri Feb 24, 11:18:00 AM CST  
Blogger MJS said...

Cheers Cheers Heavy, because, if it's in fact a Charlie Aramis Tweedy Uncle Tupelo Konerko Joshua Ray Randall Cunningham Dinner/Deeps/D-Pat Holzmacher- Garcia, mom will be pushing out roughly eight pounds of human and ten pounds of hog. In that case, let's not forget a Tri-Pod or Boy Savage in there.

Fri Feb 24, 01:55:00 PM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home