7.04.2006

A Letter Concerning Why I'm Lovin' It

Dearest friends and readers:

I'm Lovin' It.

No, not McDonald's (which, apart from the Sausage McMuffin w/ Egg, I'm not too keen on).
I'm lovin' Big Ben (no not the famed clock tower of Westminster Abbey in London, England and no, not the motorcycle riding, cranial wounding QB of the Pittsburgh Steelers, and no not that fictional yet affable bear (and by the way that's Gentle Ben)).

I'm talking about Big Ben Wallace, newest member of the Chicago Bulls. While not yet officially official (league rules prohibit free agent signings until July 12th), all reputable sources report the Ben has said goodbye to Detroit and hello to the City of Wind with a four year deal worth anywhere from 52 to 60 million in cash money. This makes me quite happy.

All signs also indicate that the (not so) baby Bulls are not quite finished wheeling and dealing this offseason. With the acquisition of Wallace, rumors are raging that the much maligned and underachieving Tyson Chandler and his unjustifiedly bloated contract could be off to the Hawks in some sort of sign and trade for Al Harrington (the league's second most coveted free agent behind Wallace. Who knows if there is any truth to this rumor, but the fact that it has been thown out there gets my juices flowing like Jerri Blank at a cockfight.

Look out for the Bulls next season. I firmly believe that Chicago's team will be a force to be reckoned with in the East next year and in the years to come. The similarities to the old Bulls era of dominance in the 90s and the upcoming era of the youthful and tenacious are present if viewed with open eyes. I offer two for your consideration: 1) The young, talented, inspired Bulls on the rise and the aging yet still-bruising Pistons on the decline (A decline I feel is imminent in the next cupla years without keystone Wallace) 2) The draft day swap (2006 is to 1987) of a borderline, iffy but skilled big man (LaMarcus Aldridge is to Olden Polynice) for an explosive, oddly long and incredibly athletic defensive minded forward (Tyrus Thomas is to Scottie Pippen). I'm certainly not comparing this new Bulls squad to the one of the greatest teams (1995-1996 Bulls) and dynasties the NBA has ever seen, but I'm saying the seeds are being planted by John Paxson and Scott Skiles. And as Ryan Adams sings on his excellent record 29, "if you want any flowers, you gotta get your seeds in to the ground." (From "Strawberry Wine")

Color me excited. I fear no Piston, I fear no Pacer, I fear no flaming-aging Heat (well maybe D.Wade), and I fear no Cav (well maybe LeBron).

Get ready for the stampede and stay focused,
All the best,
Two Scoops

P.S. - I am also quite pleased with BAM these days.

P.S.S. - Here is some video of Ben Wallace and Tracy Morgan just doin' little kid things. (seconds 6 thru 11 of this clip encapsulate one of the finest Tracy Morgan performances in the history of performances by Tracy Morgan history)
.

P.S.S. - More Tracy Morgan.

3 Comments:

Blogger Dinner said...

Bulls have new swagger all around...

http://www.sportsline.com/nba/
story/9539652

Wed Jul 05, 07:05:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Dinner said...

AND I guess the rumor is now Chandler for PJ Brown and JR Smith...

Wed Jul 05, 07:05:00 AM CDT  
Blogger BD said...

Nice work here.

I like the way we are stocking up on Defense.

Sat Jul 08, 01:05:00 AM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home