5.11.2006

Musical Proclivities Of The Year As Of 2006.3589041

Q - This year, the year Two Thousand and Six, is now:

A) Just over 1/3 complete.
b) Shaping up to be another interesting and enticing musical year.
3) Ready for a couple of Top Fives...
e) All of the above.

A : e

Two Scoops' Top Five Songs of 2006.3589041:

5) T.I. - "What You Know"
4) Gnarls Barkley - "Crazy"
3) Arctic Monkeys - "Fake Takes of San Fransisco"
2) Jenny Lewis with The Watson Twins - "Rise Up With Fists!!"
1) Band Of Horses - "The Great Salt Lake"

Two Scoops' Top Five Records of 2006.3589041:

5) Destroyer - Destroyer's Rubies
4) The Strokes - First Impressions of Earth
3) Jenny Lewis w/ The Watson Twins - Rabbit Fur Coat
2) Arctic Monkeys - Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not
1) Band of Horses - Everything All The Time

So to summarize, I am a fan of Band of Horses, and you might say they are galloping over the competition for playing time on the dPod . . .

The BUZZ!!

Here are a couple of artists that I've recently been listening to that are surely climbing the charts in my musical mind.

Figurines - Skeleton
Tapes 'n Tapes - The Loon

Both of these records are deck as all get out.

Also, keep an eye out for Lupe Fiasco, a Chicago MC and a sure fire bet to blow up this summer. He's got a few mixtapes that are hott on the streetz right now, with his debut, Food & Liquor, set to drop on June 27th. Oh, and "Kick Push," Lupe's first sing-lay, could be the best rap track about stakeboarding in the history of rap tracks about skateboarding. I'm jussayin'... Watch the video by clicking HERE.

I ask you now, as I have asked you before, what are YOU listening to?

5 Comments:

Blogger quank said...

jables made me buy "crazy," promising my dollar back if i didn't like it. in his words, it's going to be the pajammy jam around the JB/KC dojo this summer. "fake tales" is also my favorite arctic monkeys song.

stop copying off of me, dinner.

just kidding. love you.

Thu May 11, 02:34:00 PM CDT  
Blogger quank said...

oh, and it's not a new song by any means, but i can't stop listening to "brass in pocket" by the pretenders.

Thu May 11, 02:35:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Cori said...

1) i respectfully disagree with the world's obsession with the jenny lewis album.

2) i respectfully agree with the world's obsession with up-and-comers BOH.

3) but the real question of the year thus far is: which to attend, lollapalooza or pitchfork? it's a long thought process, take your time.

Thu May 11, 03:10:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Dinner said...

1) I respectfully disagree with your respectful disagreement with the world's obsession with the JL album. She is pretty.

I'm going with Lolla. I would definitely do both, but I'm going to be floating on a yet to be determined river in Missoura that weekend. The lineup is deck as all get out though.

You should go to both.

I'll probably do the Intonation Music Fest also...

Cheers Heavy - I have heard of Stroke, their new hit single "Juicy Juice" is pretty coo.

Thu May 11, 10:03:00 PM CDT  
Blogger BD said...

Yes. In, for Intonation Fest.

Sun May 14, 12:48:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home