7.08.2006

A Parting Shot and Mantra Considerations

Dearest friends and readers:

Just wanted to let you loyal few know that I'm shutting down DDCD for the time being so that I can study for and pass the Illinois State bar exam. I, in advance, appreciate your collective understanding.
I leave you with this statement I came across today while reading TimeOut Chicago:

"Be disciplined in your life so that you can be violent and orginal in your art."

I don't know the originator of this command. It was printed on a shirt donned by Chicago MC Rhymefest (pictured). I'm seriously thinking of taking it up as a personal mantra. I like the idea of having a mantra, so I think I'll have one. I think this will be it.

Do you have a mantra? What is it? Are mantras (conceptually) ill or are they totally wac? Are mantras pulled from some rapper's t-shirt the waccest?

Goodbye to all of you, all 5-ish give or take of you, see you again in a cupla weeks... with thoughts and photos regarding and relating to, the test, life in Bucktown (and perhaps some tracking(with Michael's permission) of new roommate Tim), Lollapalooza, 2 trips to Missouri in 3 weeks, and 2 weeks in California with a good good friend.

Stay Focused,
Dinner

1 Comments:

Blogger MJS said...

Wow, you just showed me what the very hardest part of not living with Tim will be ... No more Tracking Un/Employed Tim.

And by the way, as Tim's future new roommate I recommend an additional mantra, "Don't Wake The Bear."

Mon Jul 10, 03:53:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home